In 1977 brothers Len Crawford Jr. & Gary Crawford started C&C Electric. Len had spent 16 years working for Proctor & Gamble as industrial electrician and Gary worked for Sordoni Construction in the industrial construction department. Because of the experiences gained from working in industrial environments, the brothers were familiar with what was at that time new technology: PLCs, DC Speed control drives, and MCC buckets/switchgear. C&C Electric was quickly established as a technical resource for industrial manufacturers in northeastern Pennsylvania.
In the 1980's, Gary decided to follow his dream of raising foster children and left the business to move to north central Pennsylvania. The name C&C Electric was changed to Leonard Crawford Electric. At this time, the business refocused towards electrical contracting and systems integration. This shift in company focus allowed Leonard Crawford Electric to stay ahead of the technical curve of new technologies because at that time very few companies offered systems approach services. Projects now included the area of Power Distribution, Control Panel Construction, PLC Programming, and Systems Start-up. Some of these projects included the complete waste water control system for the Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authority, bottle filling lines at the Lion Brewery (Wilkes-Barre, PA), and Press Construction at Offset Paperback Manufacturers (Dallas, PA).
Shortly after, the business focus of Leonard Crawford Electric migrated again to include high tech automation, data acquisition systems, and vision inspection technology.
Now Leonard Crawford Electric employs technical personnel from Master Electricians to Degreed Engineers. With this wide array of personnel, Leonard Crawford Electric offers services from electrical contracting to systems integration with single point accountability. Leonard Crawford Electric has continued to hold its position as an industry leader by staying on the cutting edge of new technologies and offering customers unique services and support not available from other area firms.
Leonard Crawford Electric bases its business principles and ethics on the Golden Rule. We hold true to our word, always speak the truth, and believe in the safety and dignity of our customers and employees. For over (30) years these principles have guided us to a successful business and valued customer relationships. At any time we would be happy to provide a long list of references that will echo this philosophy.
5 Distinguishing Characteristics of Leonard Crawford Electric
As leaders in the industrial marketplace, we recognize that additional steps are required beyond being a electrical service company. We believe 5 key characteristics distinguish Leonard Crawford Electric from our competitors.
- Total Systems Accountability - By offering electrical contractor, systems integration, electrical engineering, site construction, and project management services we truly obtain a full project perspective & keep your specific goals as the focus. Leonard Crawford Electric is a fully licensed firm with both general and professional liability insurance.
- 24 Hour Emergency Response Teams - Since establishing our business in 1977, we have responded to over 1,200 emergency response situations. Having responded to so many critical situations, we have developed quick response teams that specialize in different customer situations. When a emergency response team arrives onsite, customers can be assured that we will have both the equipment and manpower to handle the situation.
- Focus on Industry - Leonard Crawford Electric focuses on industry and industrial environments. This focus allows us to specialize in systems and timelines that are important to our clients.
- Technical Seminars/Training Services - We have developed many technical seminars and training courses that we have conducted on a variety of topics. Training courses range from NFPA-70E safety to PLC programming courses.
- Safety Protocols - We value our employees as family members, and we care about our family. Although the possibility of an accident cannot be entirely eliminated, the risks can be drastically reduced. Leonard Crawford Electric has a comprehensive and continuously updated safety program. Our customers can be assured that when our employees are working on their manufacturing floor, we adhere to all NFPA, ANSI and OSHA safety guidelines.